SENIOR SPORTS RESEARCH EXECUTIVE – UK BASED
ABOUT SPORTS MARKETING SURVEYS
Sports Marketing Surveys is an experienced and focused sports market research business servicing the sports industry – in the UK and internationally.
With an excellent reputation and heritage in the industry, we are proud to serve many of the key sports business clients across the international sports market. Our clients are mainly governing bodies, manufacturers, retailers, events, venues and clubs, and we deliver insight and guidance to allow them to understand their current situation and direct their future strategy.
We are a small and friendly team. Researchers each take responsibility for their own projects and are involved in the whole lifecycle of each piece of work. The majority of our work is quantitative, but many of our projects also include a qualitative element.
Our office is located in the beautiful Surrey countryside, in Wisley village near junction 10 of the M25 and close to RHS Wisley Gardens. Wisley village is not serviced by public transport – travel to the office by car is recommended.
Currently we are working remotely, but are planning to return to the office soon. The longer term plan will be to continue a mix of office and remote working – most likely three days in the office and two days remotely per week.
This is the chance for a data and client-focused researcher with a friendly and positive outlook to join our team. You will be working on custom projects for clients as well as maintaining and developing our suite of syndicated market insight projects.
You will have a strong research background and proven experience of maintaining high quality and consistent analysis, especially in repeat projects. Also important is the ability to understand the needs of clients to ensure that the programme we deliver is relevant and insightful, and to interpret findings in a manner that is easily understood, simple and appropriate for each project.
Much of our work is in golf, so for this role we are seeking someone with a strong interest in the sport of golf, around those playing, the equipment and issues facing the growth of the game. However we do work in any sport and the role reflects this breadth.
Flexibility is very important in this role, and all clients are different, so the ability to work out how to get the information our clients need and how the findings should be reported to each particular client is crucial.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Research Executive are as follows:
- Understanding client objectives and devising the appropriate research design – either working with the business development team or directly with clients
- Designing surveys and other insight gathering tools
- Liaising with fieldwork providers and partners to ensure that fieldwork launches as needed
- Setting up surveys in our software package (Snap Surveys)
- Interpreting and understanding historical data and ensuring that new data compares ‘apples with apples’
- Data analysis
- Report writing and building a story from the results
- Presenting / explaining research findings to clients
- At all times being mindful of the client’s needs and balancing this with the size of the project.
For the most part, you will be working on your own projects, but as a small team there is a need for all of us to help each other as required (e.g. setting up a survey for someone else), or for projects to move between people (e.g. reporting on a project when data has already been gathered). You may also be working with other members of the team on large and complex projects.
This role is suited to an individual with at least 3 years’ previous experience in the market research industry.
- A friendly, personable and positive approach
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A methodical and well planned approach to work
- Experienced in questionnaire design
- Experienced with research analysis software (e.g. Snap Surveys or SPSS)
- Experienced in interpretation of data tables
- Experienced in report writing
- Confidence in engaging with clients and other stakeholders
- A strong interest in and understanding of golf
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office programs – particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate in another language (in particular, Spanish) is desirable but not essential.
SALARY & PACKAGE
Sports Marketing Surveys offers team members a comprehensive rewards package including:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company performance bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private healthcare cover (after one year)
- Life assurance cover.